Why do we all need to use Social Media?
What is Social Media all about?
Social media is a collective term for sites that provide us with different social actions. For example, Facebook, is a massive social networking site that allows for sharing updates, photos, music, videos, events and a variety of other activities. Twitter on the other hand is a social site designed to let you share (Tweet) short messages or “updates” with others.
Why would a search engine care about social media? The two are very closely related.
How does it all work?
Social media accounts feed into the “finding” of new content such as news stories, and you, as a business want to be part of the “Finding” to sell your product and/ or service. Social media helps build links support SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). Your customers also perform searches on social media sites to find social media content. These connections also impact the relevancy of some search results, within a social media network or on main search engines.
Why do I need to use it for my business?
- It’s 99% FREE to use.
- Social Media is becoming THE most popular “pastime” (we check our SM before putting our socks on in the morning)
- It’s LITERALLY everywhere!! (Bus, train, car, workplace and cafes…the list is endless)
- It’s the fastest way to spread the word (Instant interactions with customers)
- You can cater your marketing to any age/ demographic
- Instant two-way communication with your customer base
- Your customers are already there; waiting for you
- SM lets you tell your customers what YOU want them to know
- You can test and perfect your customer care approach
- All SM sites can link to your website with as many or few incentives as you wish
- Paid advertising to boost your posts to a larger audience